Decanter centrifuge is a kind of equipment used very often in oil drilling separation process. Like in the drilling mud recycling system, the decanter centrifuge is located after the de-silter cyclone unit for ultra fine solids separation. Some operators will install the decanter centrifuge unit on the mud tank top, while, the decanter centrifuge is not used all the time during the drilling. Thus, some drillers take out the decanter centrifuge from the mud tank system and put it on a skid closed to the mud tank system for easy connection once needed.
Comparing with other solids control equipment in the mud recycling system, the decanter centrifuge is of high cost. This is also one reason it will be taken out from the mud tanks system, always, the driller will find a third party who owns the centrifuge unit to sign the lease agreement.
What Materials Are Included in GN’s Centrifuge Modular Package
1. Decanter centrifuge unit – GN has now 3 main decanter centrifuges for oil industry with bowl size of 14 inch, 18 inch and 22 inch. All these 3 types could be equipped with a PLC smart electric panel for all the remote operation. Both the electric motors and control panels provided are complying with the explosion proof standard. Either for Zone 1 or Zone 2 is available.
2. Electric Control Panel – All the above 3 sizes centrifuge has VFD control panel. The panel would be put on the skid, people could operate on the ground. The panel need is designed positive pressurized needing air blowing into the panel for cooling down and explosion purpose.
3. Telescopic Skid – GN’s telescopic is designed to comply with the DNV lifting certification for widely acceptance. The operator could adjust the skid height as per the actual site condition.
4. Screw Feeding Pump – one unit screw pump is fixing on the skid for feeding the slurry to the decanter centrifuge. This pump is also controlled in the aforementioned control panel.
5. Other Accessories – hose from feeding pump to the decanter centrifuge inlet, solids discharge chute for the centrifuge, liquid discharge port matching flange with nipple and the tools case.
GN’s modular centrifuge package is compact structure for easy location on jobsite. GN can also provide customized centrifuge skid by knowing the installation dimension of Customers’ existing centrifuge unit.